[SCA-BMDL] Semi-OT: SCA kid's yearbook photo ok'd

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 20 15:18:39 EST 2007

The Scadian boy who wanted his high school yearbook photo to show him in chainmail with a greatsword slung over his shoulder has won his appeal at the state level.  The RI State Dept. of Educaton overruled the school officials, citing some of the same points made by people discussing the situation on this list (mainly, the inconsistencies in the policy).  You can read an article here.

  Arianna

Karen Kasper

"I told myself that acts of folly are the only things that one doesn't regret in life." - Jean-Paul Guyot

"I believe in the indomitable human spirit and the amazing capacity we have for understanding the world; for love, joy and happiness."  - Michael Shermer