[SCA-BMDL] Cookie Baking at Arinna;s Dec. 16

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 11:20:29 EST 2006

You are invited to a
  HOLIDAY COOKIE BAKING AND DECORATING PARTY
  SATURDAY DECEMBER 16, 12:00 NOON TO 5:00 PM
  Sponsored by Rufina Saavedra and Arianna of Wynthrope
  716 North Saint Clair Street
  Pittsburgh, PA 15206
  (412) 361-6191

  Come join us at a Holiday Cookie Painting workshop! Rufina has about 300 cookie cutters and a great urge to paint holiday cookies and figured, why should she have all the fun?? SO she asked Arianna to host the workshop and here we go!

  The cookies are an adaptation of a sugar cookie - they are very tasty but do not puff up when baked. We paint the cookies before baking with egg yolk that has been colored with food coloring - the painted surfaces come out bright and glossy, almost like stained glass! VERY pretty. Almost too pretty to eat sometimes.

  Rufina and Arianna will provide the cookie dough and egg yolks (anyone have a recipe that uses egg whites? ;)  as well as cookie cutters - our cutters cover both Christmas and Hanukkah, not to mention some odd things - did you know if you cut the top off a dreidl it looks just like a shield?

  What do you have to do?

   RSVP to Arianna (arianna_wyn at yahoo.com) by Friday the 15th at noon so we have enough dough (you can't have TOO much cookie dough, but too little is another story ;)
   Bring your own cookie sheet(s)  We'll need as many as possible!
   Bring some un-used paintbrushes. We will probably have some cheap throw away paintbrushes, but you may prefer your own...
   If you want to bring your own favorite cookie cutters, feel free, but please mark them somehow so Rufina doesn't take them home - she has enough already, thanks ;)
   If you need them, call or email Arianna for directions. Her house is in the East Liberty neighborhood of Pittsburgh, accessible by bus routes 77B, 77D, 77G, 71A, 500 or 73B (get off at Stanton Ave.).
  If you want to bring your own dough, contact Rufina at rufinasca at gmail.com for the recipe.

  Thanks, and we hope to see a bunch of you on the 16th.

  Arianna and Rufina

Karen Kasper

"I told myself that acts of folly are the only things that one doesn't regret in life." - Jean-Paul Guyot

"I believe in the indomitable human spirit and the amazing capacity we have for understanding the world; for love, joy and happiness."  - Michael Shermer