[SCA-BMDL] Cooking at Odriana's TONIGHT - RSVPs requested

Jennifer Strobel bradley2 at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Dec 8 11:26:28 EST 2006

**Please respond to this email to let me know if you are joining me this
evening so I know how much food to by and how many copies of the
spreadsheets I'll need.**

6:30 p.m. - Dinner.  Bring a side dish to share.
7:30 p.m. - Cooking!
10:30 p.m. - I send people home (this is a soft end time, so don't worry
if we're running late)

My plan is to cover two things:

1. Talking about kitchen management and offering tips and suggestions on
how to structure that for the greatest amount of success.  I am not the
expert, so if you have experience in this field, please come and share
your stories, or email them to me to share that evening.  I will be
distributing some fabulous spreadsheets (courtesy of the Madrone
Culinary Guild) that are a really good resource for planning out the
timing in a kitchen at an event, or even just for a large dinner.

2. Redacting two recipes out of Het eerste gedrukte Nederlandsche
kookboek.  Written in Brussels by Thomas vander Noot around 1510.
(located in English at
http://users.pandora.be/willy.vancammeren/NBC/nbc_recipeslist.htm).  If
one of the recipes on the website sounds particularly nifty to you, send
me email and we'll do that.  Otherwise, I'll decide based on what looks
good at the Giant Eagle the previous night.

DIRECTIONS TO ODRIANA'S:
Take your best route to Route 8 North.  Follow Route 8 North to the
intersection of Route 8 and Harts Run Road (from the intersection of Rt
8 and Rt 28, this is approximately 10 miles).
At Harts Run, turn right (you can't turn left) and go for .9 miles.
Just before you get to the house, you will see an apartment building on
your right with a rather large parking lot.
At the edge of the parking lot, there is a guide rail (on the right).
The guide rail stops at our driveway.
Our house is on the right.
I will have all of the lights on in the front.
If you need help finding the house, please phone 412.486.0566 and we
will help you.

Hope to see you there!

Odriana

-Frank Zappa