[SCA-BMDL] [Fwd: [SCA-AE] Ice Dragon Pent Rules and deadlines Online now]

Jennifer Strobel bradley2 at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Dec 6 09:13:48 EST 2006

 From the Kingdom List:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SCA-AE] Ice Dragon Pent Rules and deadlines Online now
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 16:04:19 -0000
From: rhiybwa <las52 at cornell.edu>
To: sca-aethelmearc at andrew.cmu.edu

Dear A&S SCAdians:

The Ice Dragon Official Rules and other information are now up on the
Pent website at:

http://www.lightlink.com/rhiannon

Please note the Pent team has made some changes.  Everything is NOT the
same as last year.  For some of the changes, see below.  Most are driven
by administrative needs.  However, some have been changed to add more
spice this year.  Let me know your thoughts.  I'm still updating the
website, thought the Rules are done and final.

In Service, Rhiannon y Bwa, Pentocrat of Ice Dragon 2007 (March 17th)
-----
New changes and challenges this year:
NOTE: "MAIN" categories have replaced "Letter" categories this year.
This facilitates more accurate database entries and lessens confusion in
recording individual entries. Also, the MAIN categories are now listed
in alphabetical order.

Note that the old Studio Arts categories has been split in two. Last
year we had a huge number of entries in this one category.

This year, Calligraphy and Illumination will have their own "Scribal"
MAIN category and Studio Arts will now cover Painting, Stained Glass and
Drawing/Printmaking.

Toymaking has been added this year for those who are interested in such
things as doll-making, puppetry-making, miniatures intended for toy use.

Mead is now incorporated into the Wine category under Beverages.

Group Entries do NOT have to be the work of more than one person. In
other words, five people can 'pool' their entries to form one group
entry. But teamwork is still strongly encouraged!

Curiosa appears again this year. A new challenge:
The Pentocrat is aware that not all research interests in AEthelmearc
will fit on an Ice Dragon display table. We invite and challenge the
artisans of AEthelmearc to produce miniature items of such over-large
research objects along with documentation to explain
larger-than-tabletop Medieval/Renaissance activities. However, actual
extant medieval miniatures should go into Toymaking or other categories
as is appropriate.