Support Zeiss CZI format

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert+openslide at cs.cmu.edu
Sun Oct 9 11:54:44 EDT 2022

On Fri, Oct 7, 2022 at 12:17 PM Wei Chen <chenw1 at uthscsa.edu> wrote:
> I am working on Zeiss CZI driver.

Thanks for getting in touch.  Did you use the official Zeiss CZI
format documentation to create the driver?  If so, AND if Zeiss still
requires agreeing to a license or click-through agreement before
receiving the documentation, AND if that license is similar to the
license text they've used in the past, then we will not be able to
merge your code.  The CZI documentation license has historically
included some language which appears to forbid using it to create open
source code and documentation.  Feel free to email me to discuss this
in more detail.

> The JPEG XR decoder is from jxrlib, which is included in CentOS, Debian
> and Ubuntu.

Unfortunately, jxrlib doesn't seem to have an active upstream
maintainer.  Some Linux distributions do package it, but without a
reliable upstream we'd probably need to make JPEG XR support optional.

Best,