VIPS / SVS

Miha Munda miha.munda at um.si
Fri Nov 17 05:50:25 EST 2017

Helo mr. Benjamin Gilbert

We are wery confused here on our institute, because we have absolutely no possibility for sharing and opening our Aperio scanned slides on any other computer, than directly on the station.
It seems, that there is absolutely no open software, that could work with Aperio .svs files.
We tryed some stuff, but nothing is working, so we tryed also your VIPS/SVS program from OpenSlide site. Sorry, but it is not working (64 BIT WIN).  Nothing happens when we run any .exe file (Vips.exe).

Also your instructions from the site https://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/openslide-users/2012-September/000424.html is not relevant, because there is no this file: Run "openslide.jar" in the "bin" directory and see if it successfully
opens your slide.  (If not, please tell us about it!)

Do you have any other link to a working WIN open software, which is really working at least?

Thank You

Best regards, Miha Munda

Miha Munda, Ph.d., DVM
Institute for Anatomy, Histology and Embryology (LAB 3NL-4),
Medical faculty,
University of MARIBOR,
Taborska 8
SI-2000 MARIBOR, SLOVENIA