Open slide 3.4.1 - missing openJPEG?

Deus, Helena (ELS-CMA) h.deus at elsevier.com
Mon Dec 11 07:11:48 EST 2017

Benjamin,

Thank you for getting back to me.
I ended up spinning up another instance on AWS but with Ubuntu instead of CentOS and it just worked (both open slide and openjpeg).

Thanks anyways
Cheers,
Lena

On 12/11/17, 12:21 AM, "Benjamin Gilbert" <bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu> wrote:

    *** External email: use caution ***

    On Fri, Dec 08, 2017 at 08:43:46PM +0000, Deus, Helena (ELS-CMA) wrote:
    > I am trying to install openslide via configure; I have openjpeg installed
    > under /tmp/openjpeg/build/bin/ and I provided that in the openslide
    > “configure” as PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/tmp/openjpeg/build/bin/"

    Hi Lean,

    PKG_CONFIG_PATH should point to the directory that the OpenJPEG .pc file is
    installed into, which will be [install dir]/lib/pkgconfig.

    Note that this assumes OpenJPEG has been installed with "make install",
    since the .pc file hardcodes the directory paths that "make install" will
    install into.  From the path you mentioned, it sounds as though you might
    have unpacked the OpenJPEG source into /tmp/openjpeg and built it in
    /tmp/openjpeg/build?  In that case, you'll have a .pc file at
    /tmp/openjpeg/build/libopenjp2.pc but it won't actually work, since it will
    assume OpenJPEG was installed into e.g. /usr/local.  Instead, run
    "make install" and then pass e.g. PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
    to OpenSlide's configure script.