Open slide 3.4.1 - missing openJPEG?

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Dec 11 00:21:43 EST 2017

On Fri, Dec 08, 2017 at 08:43:46PM +0000, Deus, Helena (ELS-CMA) wrote:
> I am trying to install openslide via configure; I have openjpeg installed
> under /tmp/openjpeg/build/bin/ and I provided that in the openslide
> “configure” as PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/tmp/openjpeg/build/bin/"

Hi Lean,

PKG_CONFIG_PATH should point to the directory that the OpenJPEG .pc file is
installed into, which will be [install dir]/lib/pkgconfig.

Note that this assumes OpenJPEG has been installed with "make install",
since the .pc file hardcodes the directory paths that "make install" will
install into.  From the path you mentioned, it sounds as though you might
have unpacked the OpenJPEG source into /tmp/openjpeg and built it in
/tmp/openjpeg/build?  In that case, you'll have a .pc file at
/tmp/openjpeg/build/libopenjp2.pc but it won't actually work, since it will
assume OpenJPEG was installed into e.g. /usr/local.  Instead, run
"make install" and then pass e.g. PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
to OpenSlide's configure script.