Failed to get correct layer count for Aperio images

Ginger Han yiminono at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 17:26:37 EDT 2016

Thanks for your reply.

I was able to print out the actual error:

Cannot read this file because your OS vendor ships a modified version of OpenJPEG with broken support for chroma-subsampled images.  OpenJPEG error: Error decoding tile. Component 1 contains only 32768 blocks while component 0 has 65536 blocks

Then I searched for this error and found out it is due to OpenJPEG patch.

I have OpenJPEG 1.5.1-10.el7, OpenSlide 3.4.1-.el7 installed on my RedHat server.

Should I downgrade OpenJPEG to a version lower than 1.3.1 as suggested in the bug post:

https://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/openslide-users/2014-March/000751.html <https://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/openslide-users/2014-March/000751.html>

OR…. should I upgrade OpenJPEG to 2.1.0????