A portable OpenSlide viewer for Windows: Smart Zoom Viewer

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Sun Dec 6 22:48:40 EST 2015

On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 03:12:01PM +0100, Josef Bauer via openslide-users wrote:
> I am following this discussion very closely, because the file format of the
> PreciPoint M8 SlideScanner (*.vmic) is based on DeepZoom image pyramids in
> a zip container, too.

Interesting.  Are any sample files available?

> Is there a list of available OpenSlide Viewers (like the SmartZoomViewer)
> for speed comparison?

I'm not aware of any such list.  It seems pretty common to build web-based
OpenSlide viewers using OpenSeadragon or a JavaScript map viewer.  OpenSlide
Python includes library code and an example HTTP server for generating Deep
Zoom tiles on-demand, and OpenSlide Java includes a simple desktop viewer
widget.