Openslide licensing

Adam Askew adamfaskew at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 08:46:11 EST 2015

I wonder if anyone can help me?

I am looking at using Openslide however, when I was looking through the
licenses I got a bit confused.

Openslide is licensed under LGPL v2.1 but it has a dependency on two other
libraries which are licensed under GPL v2 (
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gdk-pixbuf/ & https://developer.gnome.org/glib/).
According to the following license compatibility matrix (
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#AllCompatibility) , this
combination means that openslide can’t be licensed under LGPLv 2.1, instead
it must be licensed under GPL v2.  Is this true or I am misreading this and
Openslide is still licensed under LGPLv2.1

A big thanks if anyone can clear this up for me

Adam