Help opening svs images in cpp

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Sep 5 14:54:10 EDT 2014

Hi Andre,

On 09/05/2014 01:01 PM, Andre Hallack Miranda Pureza wrote:
> I have a svs file which when I open in imageJ using Bio-Formats (a
> plug-in) it shows a stack of 7 images which are various resolution
> levels of the same acquisition. (I believe that is a pyramidal image,
> right?).

Correct.

> However, when using the cpp openslide library, there are only 3 images
> available (named label, macro and thumbnail) which are of very low
> resolution.

I think you mean the C library?  (That is, OpenSlide itself, rather than
one of its bindings.)  If so, you'll want to use the main API functions:

openslide_get_level_count()
openslide_get_level0_dimensions()
openslide_get_level_dimensions()
openslide_get_level_downsample()
openslide_get_best_level_for_downsample()
openslide_read_region()

rather than the ones for associated images.