Openslide/VIPS/IM debugging

Jonas Øgaard jonas.ogaard at rr-research.no
Sat Sep 13 08:02:27 EDT 2014

Hi!

I'm attempting to convert Mirax slides to ptif format for wider
compatibility for in-department usage, however the files produced using
syntax described
https://github.com/openslide/openslide/wiki/OpenSlideAndVIPS does not yield
valid files for Openslide to read.
I'm a bit at a loss on how to debug this process - and I have no idea if
the problem lies in the openslide library or if it is vips causing the
defect.

I've attempted conversion on both on windows builds and (freshly built
binaries on) ubuntu. The conversions succeed without errors or warnings.

Any ideas on how to approach this?

Sincerely,

Jonas Ogaard
Research Institute for Internal Medicine
Oslo University Hospital Rikshospitalet