configure: error: cannot find OpenJPEG

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Sun May 18 19:18:51 EDT 2014

On 05/18/2014 09:44 AM, Nelissen, B.G.L. wrote:
> I want to install openslide on a university linux machine (high
> performance cluster, HPC) to which I have only ssh acces and no admin
> rights. The prefix for my installation location is
> /hpc/local/CentOS6/dhl_ec/. My installation of openslide fails when
> running a ./configure --prefix=/hpc/local/CentOS6/dhl_ec . It tells me
> that OpenJPEG can not be found.
>
> I did install OpenJPEG succesfully (no errors during installation)
> using the same installation location (/hpc/local/CentOS6/dhl_ec).

You can point configure to your installed OpenJPEG by adding
"PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/hpc/local/CentOS6/dhl_ec/lib/pkgconfig" to the
configure command line.  configure will read OpenJPEG's pkg-config file
in that directory and automatically set CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS.

Also, make sure you have OpenJPEG 1.4 or higher, but *not* OpenJPEG 2.x.