(Solved) RE: OpenSlide Java "Cant find dependent libraries"

Kim, Timothy H. timothy.h.kim at nist.gov
Wed Jun 4 11:41:11 EDT 2014

I fixed the issue regarding the accidental liblzma dependency, however I still received the same error as before about openslide-jni being unable to find dependent libraries.

I was able to resolve this issue by installing all of the packages available in Cygwin. It appears that the default installation of Cygwin lacks certain packages that are essential for the openslide library to work correctly. Unfortunately, I am unable to tell you which packages are necessary and which are inconsequential.
After installing all packages, I was able to successfully run openslide.jar.

I still received the "can't find dependent libraries" error message when attempting to work with the openslide library through eclipse, but this was easily solved by copying over the .dll files located in the bin folder to the project space.

Thank you for your timely responses, Dr. Gilbert. Your help was very much appreciated.

Regards,
Timothy Kim