(Solved) RE: OpenSlide Java "Cant find dependent libraries"

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Jun 4 23:07:07 EDT 2014

On 06/04/2014 11:41 AM, Kim, Timothy H. wrote:
> I fixed the issue regarding the accidental liblzma dependency,
> however  I still received the same error as before about
> openslide-jni being unable to find dependent libraries.

Hi Timothy,

Did you rebuild libxml2 and libtiff after updating build.sh?  Does
Dependency Walker still list the extra dependency?

> I was able to resolve this issue by installing all of the packages
> available in Cygwin. It appears that the default installation of Cygwin
> lacks certain packages that are essential for the openslide library to
> work correctly.

The Windows build of OpenSlide doesn't require Cygwin at all, except
during the build process.  Installing Cygwin packages shouldn't affect
anything.

> I still received the "can't find dependent libraries" error message
> when attempting to work with the openslide library through eclipse, but
> this was easily solved by copying over the .dll files located in the bin
> folder to the project space.

It sounds as though your Eclipse search path was incorrect.  That
doesn't explain the problem running openslide.jar, though.