Install advice?

Mark Ungrin mdungrin at ucalgary.ca
Wed Jan 15 15:07:01 EST 2014

What would be your recommendations in terms of hardware for a slidedeck
server, and how would it change for say 35 vs 100 vs 200 students?

Also slidedeck seems much faster than deepzoom when bringing up the
initial image when first loading (both via Apache) - are they handling
the images differently?

thanks

Mark

On 1/14/2014 3:39 AM, Benjamin Gilbert wrote:
> On 01/14/2014 12:21 AM, Mark Ungrin wrote:
>> When I do that I get the same slide view page I get with deepzoom, but
>> it has no content. The left side says View and under that Slide, and
>> under that Associated images, and under that (where using deepzoom I see
>> "label / macro / thumbnail") it says "None". The main view screen is
>> black with a small white "null" in the centre (the four buttons in the
>> lower right are still there), and on the right under Slide properties it
>> says "None".
> Aha!  You copied slidedeck.py into /var/www/slidetest but didn't copy
> the HTML templates, so it's trying to use the template from
> deepzoom_server.py.  You'll want to keep slidedeck.py together with its
> static and templates directories.
>
> --Benjamin Gilbert

Dr. Mark Ungrin, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Comparative Biology & Experimental Medicine
HMRB 320, 3330 Hospital Drive NW
Calgary, AB  T2N 4N1
University of Calgary, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine

Email: mark.ungrin at ucalgary.ca
http://www.ucalgary.ca/ungrinlab

office: 403.210.6203
cell: 403.561.6817
lab: 403.210.6545
fax:    403.210.8821

The information contained in this e-mail is only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is intended. Its contents (including any attachments) are confidential and may contain privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient you must not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete and destroy the message and all copies.