Olympus format

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Sun Feb 2 16:03:57 EST 2014

On 02/01/2014 03:15 PM, PD Dr. M. Weihrauch wrote:
> Is it correct that openslide cannot read the Olympus format yet?

Correct.  We do want to support it, but (as always) there is no
schedule.  Any information on the internals of the file format is welcome.

> If you want to I can provide you with images that the community can
> freely use for researching the file structure, etc.

We already have some public samples:

     http://openslide.cs.cmu.edu/download/openslide-testdata/Olympus/

I don't think we need any more at the moment, but once we know more
about the file format, we may need additional samples with particular
characteristics.  I'll let you know.

Thanks,