Olympus format

PD Dr. M. Weihrauch martin.weihrauch at uni-koeln.de
Sat Feb 1 15:15:01 EST 2014

Dear all:

We recently released the Smart Zoom platform (using openslide), which
enables Universities to present their teaching slide-set to their
students in an easy-to-use environment and runs on all (mobile) devices.

However, as we now want to improve our hematology (smarthematology.net),
we hit a wall when we tried to use an Olympus scanner that can scan at 60x.
Is it correct that openslide cannot read the Olympus format yet?

When I see it correctly, the images are a combination of 1 ".vsi"-file
and a folder with the same name containing one (to multiple) folder(s)
with the name(s) "stack000X", which themselves contain a ".ets"-file.

If you want to I can provide you with images that the community can
freely use for researching the file structure, etc.

Best regards from Germany

Martin

--
Priv.-Doz. Dr. M. Weihrauch