Support for ICC profiles

John Stevenson-Hoare John.Stevenson-Hoare at ffei.co.uk
Wed Aug 13 10:08:31 EDT 2014

On 08/12/2014 22:53 PM, Benjamin Gilbert wrote:
>From the sample scans I have, Aperio seems to be the only supported
>format that embeds an ICC profile, and then only for the main image.  Do
>you have information on other formats embedding ICC profiles?

The only other format I know that contains an ICC profile is the DICOM
(formerly supplement 145) file format that I have referred to in previous
posts.

However, any of the TIFF-based formats can contain one using the private
TIFF tag assigned to the International Color Consortium 34675 (8773h),
field type 7 = UNDEFINED. See Annex B.3 of http://www.color.org/specification/ICC1v43_2010-12.pdf
for more details. So these could be added by vendors in the future whilst
maintaining backward compatibility.

John
[FFEI_Logo_BoxOnly[1].png]<http://www.ffei.co.uk> [FFEI wins 3rd Queens award for innovation] <http://www.ffei.co.uk/ffei-wins-third-queens-award-for-innovation/>
CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

This message and any attachment is confidential and is protected by copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, please email the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system.

Dissemination and or copying of this email is prohibited if you are not the intended recipient. We believe, but do not warrant, that this email and any attachments are virus free. You should take full responsibility for virus checking.

No responsibility is accepted by FFEI Ltd for personal emails or emails unconnected with FFEI Limited's business.

FFEI Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales (Registered Number: 3244452).

[Join us on Linked In]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/ffei> [Follow @FFEI_ltd] <https://twitter.com/FFEI_ltd>  [FFEI YouTube Channel] <http://www.youtube.com/user/FFEIPrintTechnology>
Registered Office: The Cube, Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 7DF, England.