Support for ICC profiles

jcupitt at gmail.com jcupitt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 08:14:16 EDT 2014

On 12 August 2014 12:02, John Stevenson-Hoare
<John.Stevenson-Hoare at ffei.co.uk> wrote:
> Many of the vendor formats can or do embed an ICC profile in the file along with the scan and associated images. Can I request that the API be extended to provide access to the profile(s)?

This is a good idea. My 2p would be for an API like:

const void *openslide_get_profile(openslide_t *osr, size_t *length);

meaning, return a pointer to the main image profile, and return the
profile length in the length pointer. The return pointer would be
valid as long as osr was valid. The caller would then be responsible
for allocating some private memory and taking a copy of the profile.

Similarly:

const void *openslide_read_associated_image_profile(openslide_t *osr,
const char *name, size_t *length);

To get the profile for an associated image.

John