VisionTek SVSLIDE format

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Sun Oct 27 02:53:39 EDT 2013

On 10/27/2013 01:35 AM, Donald Regula wrote:
> We were able to determine (solely from examining a sample file) that
> SVSLIDE is actually a SQLite database containing eXpress Persistent
> Objects (XPO.)

Thanks for the terrific analysis!  It sounds as though support shouldn't
be too difficult to implement.

> I can upload a sample SVSLIDE file if requested.

Please do!  Do you have access to a scanner that produces these slides?
  From the vendor's website it appears that the format supports partial
and complete slide images as well as Z-stacks.  If you can provide
sample scans of as many of these features as possible -- or even
multiple samples per configuration -- that would be very helpful.

Thanks,