Hamamatsu NDPI support added

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 23 01:11:11 EDT 2013

On 10/23/2013 12:41 AM, David Gutman wrote:
> Benjamin-- are there any specific type of Hamamatsu format slides you
> need?  We actually have a scanner in my department and so I could get a
> student to scan some slides without much of a hassle....

Hi David,

That would be terrific!  We're primarily looking for:

- VMS with multiple focal planes
- NDPI with multiple focal planes
- VMU samples (we don't have any!)
- (any other Hamamatsu flavors?)

and secondarily:

- Ordinary VMS scans (in case the format has changed in the last few years)
- Scans at 20x (most of our samples are 40x)

If you can *also* give us permission to publicly distribute the scans in
the openslide-testdata dataset, that would be *incredibly* helpful: our
automated test cases can only use the redistributable data.  We would
need a signed letter from the person responsible for the slides.  (The
content of the scans is not very important, so feel free to use
low-value slides.)  If you might be able to arrange this, please contact
me off-list and I'll send you the form letter.

Thanks!