DICOM supplement 145 inquiry

Yves Sucaet sucaet at histogenex.com
Sat Mar 16 04:16:25 EDT 2013

Hello

I'm currently attending the 20th international DICOM conference in Bangalore, India (http://www.dicomconference.org). While most of the focus is on RX and topics like tele-radiology, there is at least a grassroot movement interested in pathology as well.

I've talked to several people here about the DICOM sup. 145 standard for Digital Pathology. One problem is that there are currently no libraries or viewers that can properly view this file format. Some groups (Siemens in particular; eSiePath) has done some hypothetical work with the format, assuming that one day files would become available. However, they don't have an actual parser either.

Part of the problem is that there are no publically DICOM sup. 145 sample files available. So my question here it two-fold:

* Does anybody have DICOM sup. 145 encoded whole slide images available and would they be willing to contribute them to the OpenSlide reference repository of WSI formats?
* Is anybody else interested in seeing DICOM sup. 145 reading capabilities added to OpenSlide (or is working on that already)?

I'm willing to contribute resources to this effort, but I need to know if there is actual demand (and supply of sample files for that matter) for this first.

Kind regards,

Yves

--
WARNING: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, including privileged and/or health information.  It is for the sole use of the intended recipients. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, distribution, reproduction, use or retention of this email or the information in it, is strictly FORBIDDEN. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately (REPLY this e-mail) and permanently DELETE the related e-mail.  Please be aware that this email and replies to it may be monitored by the sender's company for quality assurance, policy compliance and/or security purposes.