New open image format

David Gutman dagutman at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 17:17:41 EDT 2013

Can you clarify what you mean re: low cost?  Will the code/product for
VIRMIK be released?  Or do you mean buying 3 microscopes is expensive... :-)

dg

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Niels Werner Mortensen <nwm at sund.ku.dk>wrote:

>  Dear all,
>

> At the University of Copenhagen we are almost finished with a virtual
> microscopy project  named VIRMIK. This project accepts slides from the
> 3DHISTECH Pannoramic MIDI scanner, the Olympus VS120 scanner and (very
> soon) the Zeiss Axio Scan.Z1. This again means support for the MRXS, VSI
> and CZI file formats.
>
> In my experience all slide scanner vendors delivers a web service that
> support their own slide scanner but our VIRMIK solution accepts (or will
> accept) slide scanner formats from most vendors providing users with a
> common platform/service for publishing slides (with annotations) and
> creating Tests for examinations.
>
> But I would hardly call it a low-cost solution J
>

> Best regards,
>
> *Niels Werner Mortensen
> *IT Project Manager
>
> *Department of Biomedical Sciences
> *Faculty Of Health Sciences
> University of Copenhagen
> Blegdamsvej 3B,
> DK-2200 Copenhagen N
> Denmark
>
> TEL +45 35327457
> DIR +45 28757520
> MOB +45 28757520
> FAX +45 35327537
> Room 12.3.14
> *nwm at sund.ku.dk
> **bmi.ku.dk
> *

David A Gutman, M.D. Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Biomedical Informatics
Senior Research Scientist, Center for Comprehensive Informatics
Emory University School of Medicine