New open image format

Niels Werner Mortensen nwm at sund.ku.dk
Wed Jun 26 17:15:25 EDT 2013

Dear all,

At the University of Copenhagen we are almost finished with a virtual microscopy project  named VIRMIK. This project accepts slides from the 3DHISTECH Pannoramic MIDI scanner, the Olympus VS120 scanner and (very soon) the Zeiss Axio Scan.Z1. This again means support for the MRXS, VSI and CZI file formats.

In my experience all slide scanner vendors delivers a web service that support their own slide scanner but our VIRMIK solution accepts (or will accept) slide scanner formats from most vendors providing users with a common platform/service for publishing slides (with annotations) and creating Tests for examinations.

But I would hardly call it a low-cost solution ☺

Best regards,

Niels Werner Mortensen
IT Project Manager

Department of Biomedical Sciences