Error: 'Can not read TIFF directory count'

Tim McIver tim.mciver at corista.com
Thu Jul 25 16:11:11 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'm using OpenSlide in a csharp project via P/Invoke.  It works fine for the most part but on a particular Aperio slide data file I get an error dialog box that states: 'Can not read TIFF directory count'.  Note that this file may be corrupt in some way.  I attempted catch this error by wrapping the OpenSlide calls in a try/catch but this did not prevent the dialogs from opening.

Can anyone give me any hints as to what might be the problem?

Ideally I'd like my application to gracefully handle corrupt slide data files.

Thanks,
Tim