Compiling With Microsoft Compiler

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Apr 9 01:10:53 EDT 2013

On 04/03/2013 07:55 AM, Derek Magee wrote:
> You need to use the linker option /OPT:NOREF
> (linker->optimisation->References in the GUI settings), which means
> uncalled references are not optimised out of the code.

Thanks for the report.  It turns out that the import libraries generated
by MinGW aren't completely compatible with MSVC:

     http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2010-03/msg00126.html
     http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2010-03/msg00175.html

We should be able to work around this by mangling member names in the
import library after it's generated.  Does this build fix the problem
for you?

http://openslide.cs.cmu.edu/download/tmp/openslide-win64-20130409.zip