Openlayers / Deepzoom format

PD Dr. M. Weihrauch martin.weihrauch at uni-koeln.de
Wed Oct 3 06:05:41 EDT 2012

Thanks for your help, but I may still be a little bit lost here as I am
not so long in the tiling-business :)

Our requirements are:
1. for the client:
a) javascript/ajax (no flash)
b) Possibility for annotations (pathology/hematology) or annotation
layers, which would be more helpful for teaching purposes
c) reads deepzoom-format of the tiles (or works together with untiled
images on the server?!)
d) redistributable license

2. for the server:
a) we have few images (e. g. around 200), each appr. 70,000x70,000px,
but all in SVS format (Aperio)
b) we'll have a lot of traffic (e. g. 200 simultaneous users browsing
the images)
c) Windows based (I know, you'll probably all cry foul, but we develop
the login/logout/server architecture on .NET)

Because of 1), we chose openlayers. It does not create a beautiful user
experience like sea-dragon, but is IMHO better supported and has the
layers, which I find important for our purposes.
Regarding 2): Because of John and Benjamins (and others I'm sure) great
work, we can tile our SVS images into the deepzoom-format tiles.

Greetings from cloudy Germany

Martin

--
Priv.-Doz. Dr. M. Weihrauch