Openlayers / Deepzoom format

Alvaro Gonzalez agonzalez at kanteron.com
Wed Oct 3 05:34:59 EDT 2012

El 03/10/12 09:57, David Gutman escribió:
> I create a single large dzi.tif file which iipimage can read... and
> IIPimage allows it to be sliced and diced as needed and supports a
> number of formats.. including deepzoom
I just use the IIPMooViewer. It supports DeepZoom images and you don't
need the IIP Image Server. Also, total size is way smaller than the
tiff, and images are cacheables, and useful for serving through CDNs or
Varnish. And finally, it serves to a higher purpouse in our pathology PACS.
> I have 20,000+ images in my image archive so I wanted to not create
> thousands of files per image *20,000 images if I could avoid it...
You would have fun with our radiology storages, each one runs around
tens to hundreds millions of images, just take are of not running out of
inodes ;).

BTW, what client/viewer is that one you are using for your images?