Openlayers / Deepzoom format

David Gutman dagutman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 03:57:45 EDT 2012

I use iipimage server

http://iipimage.sourceforge.net/

I create a single large dzi.tif file which iipimage can read... and
IIPimage allows it to be sliced and diced as needed and supports a number
of formats.. including deepzoom

I have 20,000+ images in my image archive so I wanted to not create
thousands of files per image *20,000 images if I could avoid it...

Performance is good.

http://cancer.digitalslidearchive.net/

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 1:22 AM, PD Dr. M. Weihrauch <
martin.weihrauch at uni-koeln.de> wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> As we are using openlayers as a client software, we now wanted to
> present deepzoom-formatted tiles with it. However, there is not native
> support for the deepzoom-format in openlayers (they have a Zoomify
> support, but no Deepzoom).
> The problem lies - as far as I understand it - in the tile size of
> deepzoom beginning with 1px in folder 0. Also, the "native" openlayers
> only supports tiles of 256x256 and deepzoom may have different
> tile-sizes on the right border and the bottom border of the images.
>
> Does anyone of you have a solution for it or programmed something for
> openlayers to just do that?
>
> Thanks
>
> Martin

David A Gutman, M.D. Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Biomedical Informatics
Senior Research Scientist, Center for Comprehensive Informatics
Emory University School of Medicine