Openlayers / Deepzoom format

PD Dr. M. Weihrauch martin.weihrauch at uni-koeln.de
Wed Oct 3 01:22:46 EDT 2012

Hi all:

As we are using openlayers as a client software, we now wanted to
present deepzoom-formatted tiles with it. However, there is not native
support for the deepzoom-format in openlayers (they have a Zoomify
support, but no Deepzoom).
The problem lies - as far as I understand it - in the tile size of
deepzoom beginning with 1px in folder 0. Also, the "native" openlayers
only supports tiles of 256x256 and deepzoom may have different
tile-sizes on the right border and the bottom border of the images.

Does anyone of you have a solution for it or programmed something for
openlayers to just do that?

Thanks

Martin