MRXS 2.2 - test failures

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Nov 12 19:42:55 EST 2012

On 11/11/2012 09:40 AM, Agelos Pappas wrote:
> My question therefore is, does the current GitHub version of OpenSlide
> pass the provided mirax test cases, as far as valgrind is concerned? In
> my system it looks like it does not.
> I am running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32-bit in VMWare.

The mirax test passes on 64-bit Fedora 17.  However, some of the other
tests fail, due to:

     https://sourceforge.net/p/libjpeg-turbo/bugs/48/

I added --track-origins=yes to the valgrind command line, ran the mirax
tests on a 32-bit Ubuntu 12.04 system, and got backtraces similar to the
ones in that bug.  I'm still tracking it down, though.

- Could you post a screenshot of the corruption?

- Are you seeing corruption on Linux or only on Windows?

- On Windows, can you reproduce it using the OpenSlide Java viewer?  You
can run the viewer by double-clicking openslide-win32\bin\openslide.jar.

- Can you rebuild OpenSlide against libjpeg, rather than libjpeg-turbo,
and see if the problem goes away?  (Install libjpeg into /usr/local,
then "./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib".)

- Are you using the public test slides?

Thanks,