Installation on Mac OS X

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Mar 2 23:21:05 EST 2012

On Fri, March 2, 2012 1:11 am, Andrew Packer wrote:
> I'm happy to use the command line if that gets me viewing the .svs
> images without Windows.

Great!

> OSError: dlopen(libopenslide.so.0, 6): image not found

As far as I'm aware, no one has run OpenSlide Python on Mac OS X before,
and shared libraries use a different suffix on Macs.  Edit the file
openslide/lowlevel.py in the source tree, and change the line:

    _lib = cdll.LoadLibrary('libopenslide.so.0')

to:

    _lib = cdll.LoadLibrary('libopenslide.0.dylib')

Then rerun sudo python setup.py install.