NDPI support

Yves Sucaet sucaet at histogenex.com
Tue Jul 17 11:19:49 EDT 2012

We're doing this already for MRXS. Since we're using OpenSlide, shouldn't
the program also work w/ hamamatsu files?

From:   Mailly Philippe <philippe.mailly at snv.jussieu.fr>
To:     openslide-users at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Date:   17-07-12 15:08
Subject:        Re: NDPI support
Sent by:
openslide-users-bounces+sucaet=histogenex.com at lists.andrew.cmu.edu

Hi,

The LOCI plugin reading NDPI file is limited to 65000x65000 pixels image
size, even if you have enough memory. For the moment, nobody can convert
ndpi file over 65000x65000 pixel which is bored because most of the
Hamamatsu acquisitions generated files are over this resolution. For
example a classical histological slide is about 110000x50000.
It will be nice to have some tools that can convert scanner file as NDPI
to tiff using bigtif library for example.

Philippe

Le 17/07/2012 14:48, Mathieu Malaterre a écrit :
> It seems to go a little further. Here is what I have:
>
> Reading IFDs
> Populating metadata
> Populating OME metadata
> Dumping heap to java_pid16739.hprof ...
> Heap dump file created [673548853 bytes in 0.278 secs]
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
>                at
loci.formats.gui.AWTImageTools.makeRGBImage(AWTImageTools.java:576)
>                at
loci.formats.gui.AWTImageTools.makeImage(AWTImageTools.java:207)
>                at
loci.formats.gui.AWTImageTools.makeImage(AWTImageTools.java:494)
>                at
loci.formats.gui.AWTImageTools.openImage(AWTImageTools.java:782)
>                at
loci.formats.gui.BufferedImageReader.openImage(BufferedImageReader.java:94)
>                at
loci.formats.gui.BufferedImageReader.openImage(BufferedImageReader.java:77)
>                at
loci.formats.gui.ImageViewer.open(ImageViewer.java:347)
>                at
loci.formats.gui.ImageViewer.main(ImageViewer.java:829)

> Using:
>
> $ cat bfview
> [...]
>    java -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Xmx1024m -cp
> "$DIR":"$DIR/bio-formats.jar":"$DIR/loci_tools.jar" $PROG "$@"

[attachment "philippe_mailly.vcf" deleted by Yves Sucaet/Histogenex]

WARNING: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, including privileged and/or health information.  It is for the sole use of the intended recipients. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, distribution, reproduction, use or retention of this email or the information in it, is strictly FORBIDDEN. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately (REPLY this e-mail) and permanently DELETE the related e-mail.  Please be aware that this email and replies to it may be monitored by the sender's company for quality assurance, policy compliance and/or security purposes.