NDPI support

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Jul 17 16:38:07 EDT 2012

On 07/17/2012 11:19 AM, Yves Sucaet wrote:
> We're doing this already for MRXS. Since we're using OpenSlide,
> shouldn't the program also work w/ hamamatsu files?

OpenSlide currently supports Hamamatsu VMS and VMU but not NDPI.

Whenever an NDPI slide has more than 65535 pixels on a side, the slide
file contains JPEG images with invalid headers.  Unsurprisingly, JPEG
decoding libraries will not open such an image without some additional
preprocessing.  This is what causes the Bio-Formats reader to fail:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/5092