OpenSlide binaries for Windows now available

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Aug 10 17:29:55 EDT 2012

I am pleased to announce that the OpenSlide project is now shipping
official binaries for Windows, in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavors.

The binary packages include:

- OpenSlide DLL, command-line tools, and all required dependencies
- OpenSlide Java JNI library and JAR
- Import library and headers for developing against OpenSlide using
Visual Studio or MinGW

The initial binary release is based on OpenSlide 3.2.6 and OpenSlide
Java 0.10.0.  We expect to produce a new release whenever a new version
of OpenSlide or OpenSlide Java becomes available.  We may also make
additional Windows releases to fix build bugs or upgrade bundled libraries.

The binaries are available at:

     http://openslide.org/Download/#windows_binaries

Problems with these binaries can be reported here:

     https://github.com/openslide/openslide-winbuild/issues