OpenSlide for windows

Adam Goode agoode at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed May 5 12:43:03 EDT 2010

On 05/05/2010 08:23 AM, Rolf Anders Syvertsen wrote:
> Hi, how do you compile the openslide library for windows? Missing the
> lib file in the  binary package. Do you use cygwin or do you have a make
> file for windows?

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in OpenSlide!

We provide some preliminary Win32 binaries as you've discovered. You may
need to run Windows update to get all the DLLs you need to run OpenSlide.

Work is ongoing to support building with MSVC and on 64-bit Windows, by
Hauke Heibel. I suggest that you look at the mailing list archives at
http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/openslide-users/ to see info about
how to get this latest work using git. These changes will eventually
make their way into a future version of OpenSlide.

You may also consider subscribing to the list yourself: