trac tickets and alternative build system

Adam Goode agoode at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed May 5 12:09:42 EDT 2010

On 05/05/2010 11:51 AM, Hauke Heibel wrote:
> Hi agian,
>
> I introduced a really nasty bug in the conversion - it is
> sizeof(toff_t) related.
>
>   toff_t *sizes;
>   if (TIFFGetField(tiff, TIFFTAG_TILEBYTECOUNTS, &sizes) == 0) ...
>
> In 32bit mode, toff_t is 4 bytes (at least under Cygwin) and seems to
> retrieve the correct value (this is all happening in
> openslide-vendor-aperio.c). In my MSVC 64 bit build on the other hand
> side, toff_t is 8 bytes. This has strange side effects on TIFFGetField
> and the result is only then identical to my Cygwin versoin, i.e.
> without the "tcd_decode: incomplete bistream" and "read errors", when
> toff_t is a 4 byte datatype! So probably we need to change things to 4
> byte integer values.
>
> What do you think? I have little experience with all the jpeg and tiff
> libraries.

Ohh, I think I may have done this. The issue that I was worried about
was differences between libtiff 3 and 4. In libtiff 3, TIFFGetField
returns a 32-bit value for TILEBYTECOUNTS, but in libtiff 4 it seems to
return 64-bit. I picked toff_t specifically because (I thought) it was
32-bit in libtiff 3 and 64-bit in libtiff 4.

What versions of libtiff are you using? Different versions in Cygwin and
MSVC 64? How is toff_t defined in both?

Adam