trac tickets and alternative build system

Hauke Heibel hauke.heibel at googlemail.com
Wed May 5 11:51:21 EDT 2010

Hi agian,

I introduced a really nasty bug in the conversion - it is
sizeof(toff_t) related.

  toff_t *sizes;
  if (TIFFGetField(tiff, TIFFTAG_TILEBYTECOUNTS, &sizes) == 0) ...

In 32bit mode, toff_t is 4 bytes (at least under Cygwin) and seems to
retrieve the correct value (this is all happening in
openslide-vendor-aperio.c). In my MSVC 64 bit build on the other hand
side, toff_t is 8 bytes. This has strange side effects on TIFFGetField
and the result is only then identical to my Cygwin versoin, i.e.
without the "tcd_decode: incomplete bistream" and "read errors", when
toff_t is a 4 byte datatype! So probably we need to change things to 4
byte integer values.

What do you think? I have little experience with all the jpeg and tiff
libraries.

- Hauke