ptloader doesn't work anymore (SEGFAULT)

Rainer Ruprechtsberger ruprechtsberger at volkshilfe-ooe.at
Fri Sep 11 08:06:26 EDT 2020

Hi,
I used ptlaoder quite successfully up to version 2.4 of cyrus. Since the
upgrade to 2.5 I get SEGFAULTs.

After the upgrade to 3.2.2 I tested it again, but still:

process type:SERVICE name:ptloader path:/usr/lib/cyrus/bin/ptloader
age:0.665s pid:19082 signaled to death by signal 11 (Segmentation fault)

I tried to enter 'ptloader -d' in cyrus.conf but this did not work for
me (no ptloader started at all).

My environment is Debian Buster and I use the packages from backports.
My ldap server is an openldap slapd accessed via local unix socket.

Any hint on where and how to debug this would be appreciated.

/rupi

--
Rainer Ruprechtsberger
Volkshilfe Oberösterreich

ZVR Zahl: 064371505

Volkshilfe. Wir sind für die Menschen da.