Problem with sync

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Mon Oct 15 07:15:28 EDT 2018

Le 08/10/2018 à 10:36:10+0200, Albert Shih a écrit
Hi everyone,

I still got my problem :

> I got two level of synchro:
>
>     master --- sync --> imap-mirror-1 --- sync --> imap-mirror-2
>
> The first level work fine, the second level (imap-mirror-1 --> imap-mirror-2)
> crash sometime ago.
>
> Now I try to restart the sync, and currently I'm not sure it's working, in
> the imap-mirror-1 I got
>
>   [root at imap-mirror-1 /var/imap/sync/log]# ls -l
>   total 133519
>   -rw-------  1 cyrus  cyrus   16080624 Oct  8 10:27 log
>   -rw-------  1 cyrus  cyrus  256631941 Oct  3 16:39 log-run
>   [root at imap-mirror-1 /var/imap/sync/log]# top
>
> When I restart the imap daemon on both mirror, I see a sync_client on the
> imap-mirror-1 and imapd on the imap-mirror-2 at 100% during sometime ( 4
> days), now I still got the
>
>     /var/imap/sync/log/log-run
>
> file and the
>
>     /var/imap/sync/log/log
>
> who still growing up, but very few activity on those mirror.

But it seem the sync working, but it's very slow and stop very often. So
how can I speedup me sync, knowning at this speed I will never end the sync
because the

    /var/imap/sync/log/log

still growing up. So if it wait the end of

    /var/imap/sync/log/log-run

I don't see how this going to happen.

So is they are any way to synchronise what's in the

    /var/imap/sync/log/log-run

manually without waiting the imap daemon to launch the sync.

Other question, at this time (during the sync of log-run) can I restart the
imap daemon without breaking everything ?

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH
DIO bâtiment 15