Vacation sieve script

Helder Guerreiro helder at paxjulia.org
Mon Jun 25 15:51:14 EDT 2018

Hi,

I have the following sieve script:

require ["vacation"];
# rule:[Ferias]
if true
{
         vacation :addresses ["mail address domain 1","mail address
domain 2"] :subject "Out of the office" :from "mail address domain 1" text:
Some text
.
;
}

This was generated by roundcube. I'm using postfix 2.9.6 with cyrus 2.4.
I know, these are ancient versions. I'm going to substitute this server
soon (I hope).

"domain 2" is configured as "myorigin" in postfix.

The problem is:

If I send an email to "mail address domain 2" the vacation notification
is correctly sent, namely using the mail address in ":from".

If I send an email to "mail address domain 1" then the from address used
is <> and my smtp provider answers with:

said: 454 4.7.1 <>: Sender address rejected: Please use a From address

I have read:

https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/reference/faqs/o-vacation-mailfrom.html

But the ":from" address should fix this, no?

Why does this work with one of the addresses and not the other?

Thanks,
Helder