Cyrus + Xapian

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Sat Apr 21 02:05:20 EDT 2018

Le 20/04/2018 à 16:18:23+0200, Robert Stepanek a écrit
Hi,

> Which Cyrus version are you using? Is it a packaged distribution

I'm using

  cyrus-imapd30-3.0.5_1
  xapian-core-1.4.5,1

> or are you building from source? Would you be able to inspect a

No it's packages from the distribution (in FreeBSD way).

> core dump of squatter? Do you see squatter log anything before

No dump (don't know why).

> the segfault?

No, I activate the log (syslog), and verbose. But nothing special.

The « funny » thing is, know it's absolutly sure, the first time I get a
Seg Fault, but the second time it's working perfectly....

I don't think that can be a issue but the mailbox are on ZFS partition and
everything running inside a jail (something like systemd-nspwan, lxc).

> I haven't seen the issue you are describing, and it certainly
> shouldn't happen. From first glance I would suspect an issue in
> the build setup or library environment, but it's hard to narrow

Ok I will review the options I choose.

> down the root cause with the current information.

One question about the way squatter/xapian/cyrus interact, but is it
possible to loose email if squatter/xapian goes to segmentation during a
incomming mail ?

Thanks for the help.

Regards.