Synchro for migration

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Apr 16 04:21:36 EDT 2018

Quoting Albert Shih <Albert.Shih at obspm.fr>:

>> It seems like the following imapsync options allow you to use proxy
>> authentication
>>
>> --authmech1 --authmech2
>> --authuser1 --authuser2
>> --proxyauth1 --proxyauth2
>
> I'm not sure to understand how proxyauth works. I google it and find lots
> of doc about...proxy imap.
>
> Currently I need to authenticate my user against a LDAP(openldap),
> so I configure
> saslauthd with ldap and works perfectly.
>
> So one of my solution is to have a getpwent (local passwd) with real login
> and fake password. And after the migration switch to ldap auth.

This will work but it is not necessary.

imapsync --host1 oldserver.yourdomain --port1 143 --authmech1 PLAIN
--proxyauth1
          --authuser1 DovecotAdmin --user1 UserYouWantToMigrate
--password1 DovecotAdminPW
          --host2 newserver.yourdomain --port1 143 --authmech2 PLAIN
--proxyauth2
          --authuser2 CyrusAdmin   --user2 UserYouWantToMigrate
--password2 CyrusAdminPW

Depending on your setup you will need other settings as well, and you
may want to use the
passfile options so that the adminpassword is not shown in the process list

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen