3.0.1 reference packages question

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Thu Apr 27 20:18:06 EDT 2017

Hi István,

Historically, Cyrus has been a source-only distribution.  Deb packages
have been provided by the Debian team, and similarly for other package
management systems.
We're planning to start distributing a basic deb package (mostly, I
think, to act as a guide/reference for official packagers) -- hence the
mention of this in documentation.  But it wasn't ready in time for the
3.0.1 release.
> I started a debian stretch and tried to install it from source,
> pulling down some dependencies also in source format. Following the
> documentation, it almost worked :) (brotli, jmap, xapian etc. also
> compiled and supported). As I had some issues with running itself, I
> cancelled the test environment for a while.
Feel free to ask about these issues on the list :)

Cheers,

ellie