3.0.1 reference packages question

Pongrácz István pongracz.istvan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 07:37:39 EDT 2017

Hi,

First of all, thank you for your great job on cyrus-imap!

I found the announce, the 3.0.1 version released and I planned to install it in a test environment.

I started a debian stretch and tried to install it from source, pulling down some dependencies also in source format. Following the documentation, it almost worked :) (brotli, jmap, xapian etc. also compiled and supported). As I had some issues with running itself, I cancelled the test environment for a while.

So, I also found that, on your Quickstart page there is a link to the reference packages of the 3.0.1, but the link is broken: there is no deb subdirectory with the deb packages.

Is that true at this moment, there is no 3.x version (non-)officially available for a reference installation?

My idea was, build up a cyrus-imap only server, which could accept emails from an other server via transport (ispconfig server -> postfix transport -> latest-greatest cyrus-imap server).

Thank you!

Best regards,

István