imapd 2.5.7-8 with virtual domains and sendmail config

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Jun 2 10:11:13 EDT 2016

Am 02.06.2016 um 15:09 schrieb Mogens Melander via Info-cyrus:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I've been trying to get sendmail to play nice with imap with virtual
> domains and virtdomains: userid with no luck so far.
>
> The imap part is working as far as I cat tell. I can login as
> user at domain.tld
> using imtest -a user at domain.tld -t "" -m login
>
> I just can't seem to get my head around the sendmail part. Prevent sendmail
> from stripping the domain part off the e-mail address.
>
> On a previous server, dead long time ago, it was working perfectly.
>
> I have tried different versions of cyrusv2.mc files to no avail.
>
> Does anybody feel like sharing a working sendmail config?
>
> Mogens
> FumlerSoft

The documentation at

https://cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.5.4/install-virtdomains.php

holds all information needed to setup virtual domain handling within
Sendmail and cyrus-imapd. Pay specific attention to the part

"You'll have to use the Cyrus mailer in LMTP mode, and you'll have to
change the mailer flags so that it provides the full domain while
communicating via LMTP. Specifically these changes:

S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromSMTP, R=EnvToSMTP"

In case that's not sufficient for you I think you will have to provide
details about the configuration you have setup so far.

Alexander