Did calculating the quota change from 2.3 to 2.5?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sat Dec 31 00:17:56 EST 2016

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016, at 10:57, Wolfgang Breyha via Info-cyrus wrote:
> On 29/11/16 22:37, Jason L Tibbitts III via Info-cyrus wrote:
> > Fun random question: Does anything blow up if you run hardlink on your
> > mail spool?  (The hardlink program finds identical files and hardlinks
> > them.)
>
> Using "hardlink" is IMO not save on imap spools since it also links cyrus.*
> files what's definitely not what you want.

If your cyrus.* files are identical then you have pretty weird mailboxes, but yeah - I guess it could happen if you had two folders with identical messages in identical order and all the timestamps identical.

> I recommend using freedup instead. Something like
> freedup -n -v -a -T -o '-name "*."' -l /var/spool/......

But yeah, that looks safe :)

It shouldn't blow anything up so long as it renames the file into place atomically.  Also be a little careful about file ownership, you'll want to run this as the cyrus user, so it retains ownership and access (unless freedup fixes up ownership, I've never tried it myself)

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm