cyrus 2.4.17 -- file descriptor limit set to -1?

Geoff Winkless cyrus at geoff.dj
Thu Jan 15 06:17:18 EST 2015

RLIM_INFINITY is defined as ~0ULL, at least on my system. If it's cast to a
signed value, that will come out at -1, no?

My problem with systemd isn't that it doesn't work, it's that it's
all-pervasive and viral, and forces people who've been using standard unix
mechanisms for 20 years to learn something completely different for no
visible concrete advantage.

As a user rather than a sysadmin it seems I have to spend most of my time
learning new ways to do exactly the same things without gaining anything.
Frankly I'm past the point where I want to fiddle with Linux for hours to
make it do what I want. But that seems to be the Linux Way these days, see
eg ip vs ifconfig, iptables vs ipchains, &c &c &c.